The passenger: April showers
The destination: Leeds- Nottingham
The Duration: 2hours plus
The destination: Leeds- Nottingham
The Duration: 2hours plus
The Purposes: 1. See SUBHA!
2. Notts Games- play volleyball
The journey: within the first TWO minutes I had this massive headache and wanted to puke badly! I was wondering was it because I had not taken a bus or car for a long long time or was it the bur driver or was it the highway. Had to tahan the whole journey. I was sitting on the second row and it was right above the bus's tyre.
There is a shopping complex in the bus station. Shopped awhile until Subha finally arrive! :) Then we both started looking for a dress for the evening because we both were attending a International Ball organised by the International Committee in Uni of Notts. It took us almost 3 hours just to look for a dress that fits her perfectly! Who in the whole wide world will look for a dress on that day itself for that event! i would like look for a dress between 3 days to months before an event!
THE CITY
There is the outdoor ice skating ring and the german market. It looks cool because its right in the city.
Guess what i found in notts!!! BOOST JUICE!!! It was good! but somehow it wasnt as good as the one in Melbourne.
We managed to find a dress just right before the shop closes. We walked home after getting the dress. It was windy,cold and it was a loooong walk!
The accomodation is sooo much nicer that mine. It was bigger and she has 2 toilets! but the only thing i dont like is that there is no sink and mirror in her room.
The best part of attending a formal is usually the before and after the formal right? the dressing and making up for the formal and the after party right? Guess what? Someone, forgot or dont know what time the formal starts and we had to RUSH! imagine, i had to shower and dress up within 20minutes! where is the fun in that?! We even arrived an hour late! but nobody knows. the performances was after the food was served. and there were lots of people arrived late too.
Manage to camwhore a little before leaving!
The setting of the place was GREAT! EVERYTHING was GREAT! Food, Setting, Performances, Decoration, etc etc etc. I was really impress! It was in a tennis court! but you wont know that you are actually on a tennis court! the tent was so pretty as if the place was in a 5 stars hotel! the best part, the after party was held there! there was a bar there! even the toilet is so much nicer than the one in some restaurant! im sorry i didnt have a photo of it. i was impress with the toilet. its like a toilet from a 5 stars hotel! when actually it was a temporary toilet that was being set up for the night.
There were lots of performance that night. Since it was an event held by the international student, there were cultural dances,songs and play by student coming from around the world. There were malaysian singing some malay songs which was quite goood. The place was dominated by people who wore sari! never in my life i see so many sari before! They were from india, pakistan, etc etc etc..
* The pretty girls *
After the after party, we went home and sleep immediately! more like a 3 hours nap! i was so afraid that we might not be able to wake up and i missed my game.
.
.
.
SATURDAY: THE NOTTINGHAM GAMES
Nottingham Games is where all the Malaysian Society from different uni meet up in Notts and compete in sports.
I had a great time!It was goooood! I manage to meet lots of people! High school mates, Uni mates. It was really nice catching up with them! Especially meeting Kim hong and Heng Kai! Coincidently, Subha was on duty for the ping pong and HK and Benjamin was playing! Kim Hong and I played the volleyball:) too bad we didnt go against each other. uni of leeds vs. uni of bath. It would be funny:P
Heng Kai in red in finals! well done HK :) You played well!
Sohan and Farah from HELP
Ex-schoolmates! 1/6 of the 5 Aplha 2004 is here!
There were lots of good msian food that day too! Guess who had karipap!!!!!! *yummy*
This is andrea. My long lost sister. guessed we were separated at birth and the registry wrote the year wrongly. I would have been a year older or she might be a year younger.
HK look damn yeng right?! when i first saw him, i kept sayin he damn leng chai now!:P hehe..sorry HK..dont feel offended la..when i bid goodbye to the guys, i was sooo sad that i almost cried! luckily subha was there to stop me from crying. it was really good meeting up with them.i dont know how many times i need to say how nice it was to show that it was really nice! i felt as though its only been a few days since i last saw them but it was actually more than a year.
.
.
.
SUNDAY : ROBIN HOOD and CASTLE
a mini castle in notts
the castle was ok. the best part wasnt the castle. it was that we manage to enter the vacinity of the castle for FREE! haha. its bacause it was closing in an hour time. so the guard was so nice to let us in for free:)

went back to the city after that and we had gluehwein! i feel like i was in my german home:)
Left on monday afternoon and attended her lecture in the morning! I was excited for her lecture. I used to tell people that I wanted to be a doctor. Hearing all those long scientific words made me a bit lost but at the same time I felt familiar with it. Its like a long lost friend that I found back. I miss science... The funny thing that happened after the lecture was that the students CLAP, yes clap hands, after the lecturer ends his lecture. funny no?
Left on monday afternoon and attended her lecture in the morning! I was excited for her lecture. I used to tell people that I wanted to be a doctor. Hearing all those long scientific words made me a bit lost but at the same time I felt familiar with it. Its like a long lost friend that I found back. I miss science... The funny thing that happened after the lecture was that the students CLAP, yes clap hands, after the lecturer ends his lecture. funny no?
1 comment:
heyy, found ur blog! i'm linking urs to mine okay??
Post a Comment